If you’re looking for practical ways to identify opportunities and threats in your business, don’t just “try harder.” Instead, consider two risk intelligent options: Adapt to a changing market, or Quit and move on to something else.
In this episode, Grace explains why she started this podcast and what you can expect in future episodes. You’ll also learn where to get visual graphics & articles related to each episode, and how to submit a question.
04/16/2020 – 6 minutes 31 seconds
Highlights and Take-Aways
Here is a transcript of the podcast, including key points for you to apply right away.
Why Did I Decide to Start This Podcast…
…In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic?
I consult with a variety of business owners who felt secure in their business: organize daily routines, find customers, manage their money. The impact of recent events has affected them: They can’t see customers in person, they have a decrease in customer base, late payments, mounting debt, and no idea how they will recover.
Most people would tell people “just try harder!”
I don’t agree. I think the world has completely changed, and the market has shifted — so much that we need to look at a different perspective for how to operate in a post-COVID-19 world.
I would tell business owners that they have 2 choices:
- Adapt: find new ways to respond to these changes, or
- Quit: leave the situation and do something completely different.
This is not a very popular thing to say, and you may disagree. But from my point of view as a risk manager, I believe that every business owner will face these two options at some point. The sooner they can evaluate what’s going wrong, the sooner they can find a path through this.
I believe it’s important to face challenging realities. And that’s why I created this podcast: to teach business owners how to make informed choices and create a profitable business that will grow.
This podcast is designed to give you information about how to handle risk intelligent options, and how to make great business decisions.
What This Podcast Can Do For You
As a consultant for nearly 6 years to a variety of types of business owners, I have developed methods that make it easier for them to identify barriers within their company that cause them to lose money, or to miss out on opportunities that are right in front of them. These tools help them to identify areas of vulnerability that could potentially ruin their company.
Especially during these times, when it’s so hard to keep operating with a tight budget, it’s especially important to focus on and turn up the dial on things that are going well; and eliminate activities that are not earning more money for your business.
I want to share these tools and techniques with you. This podcast will provide information that you can use to
- make better decisions,
- see around corners,
- to look into the future and anticipate things that your competitors cannot see yet.
I will teach you to identify problems in your business that could affect your ability to serve customers. I will also show you how to overcome barriers that may be holding you back, especially flaws in your own perspective as an owner.
Each episode will also include visual graphics and articles that relate to the topic, and more detail that you can find on my website.
What You Can Expect in Future Episodes
I’ve got a lot of great content that I’m really excited to share with you. We will be discussing:
- The future of what business will look like after COVID-19. I’ll give you a glimpse into my prediction of how marketing and consumer behavior will be changing due to the effects of the pandemic.
- How to tell when it’s time to quit, and some of the indicators that your current business plan or structure may have problems that can’t be fixed.
- You’ll also hear ideas for adapting your current business to a shifting market by taking advantage of what customers are actually looking for.
- I’ll share some predatory business models and practices that I would really warn people against joining… such as Multi-Level Marketing schemes.
Finally, I will share a variety of tools that I use to help my customers identify their business risks by analyzing the data and turning it into risk-intelligent decision-making. I promise it will not be boring! We’ll look at:
- Qualitative and quantitative data (which is a lot more interesting than it sounds — trust me!)
- SWOT Analysis (a great tool to find the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats in a business; and I’ll teach you how to use it)
I will also be discussing a really important topic, which is our responses to fear… and why it’s the biggest thing that can hold back business owners from success.
Do you have a question you’d like answered on an upcoming episode? Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/laconteconsulting/message
Interested in hearing how you can reverse a toxic workplace? Find out more here.
Grace LaConte is a business consultant, writer, workplace equity strategist, and the founder of LaConte Consulting. Her risk management tools are used around the globe, and she has successfully reversed toxic work environments for clients in the healthcare and non-profit fields. Grace specializes in lactation law compliance & policy development, reducing staff turnover after maternity leave, and creating a participatory work culture.