Last year, in my 7th year as a traditional consultant, I started to feel frustrated. My clients were getting tremendous value from our projects, yet we didn’t work together long enough to see a long-term impact. Unexpected issues would pop up that changed the scope of the project.
If only we could discuss those hidden problems before agreeing to work together, I thought.
Was there a way to get in front of potential problems instead of finding them out too late? How could I insure my clients get the maximum benefit — and also identify potential problems with a client engagement — BEFORE we signed a contract?
I wished there were a system to streamline my client management — one that could help me:
- connect with my Ideal Clients,
- welcome them using a consistent onboarding process, and
- support business owners in a discussion about achieving their ultimate goals instead of getting stuck on solving a single problem.
After a lot of searching, I finally found for answers to these questions on the Everything Business Consulting Podcast. David Thexton and Julius Bloem offer tremendous value on every episode because they explain their own experiences as high-level business consultants. Rather than solving a single problem, the ConsultX system helps you develop a relationship with the owner and support their understanding of the entire business — as well as what they ultimately want to accomplish.
I am now an Ambassador for ConsultX and get to share the benefits of using this system with professionals who want to step into the role of a Business Success Partner for their current clients.
Julius Bloem, co-owner of ConsultX, interviewed me in episode 66, and we talked about:
- Who can step into the role of a Business Success Partner
- Which qualifications are essential in a great consultant
- How to reach the best clients for you (and why not everyone is a good prospect)
- The importance of building a strong relationship before committing to a client
- Why you should ask questions that may not have a clear answer
- The Discovery, Diagnostic, and Proposal stages used by great consultants
Now that my firm has a clear process for reaching business owners, a Discovery process to find out whether we would be a good fit, an onboarding process that makes sure they feel cared for, and a strategic plan for making sure they can meet their strategic goals, we continue to have a bigger impact on business owners and their communities around the country.
To hear my story, check out episode 66: Becoming a Business Consultant on your own terms – Interview with Grace LaConte on the Everything Business Consulting Podcast or watch the YouTube version below.
Want to position your company for profitability, or wondering if you could be a Business Success Partner? Check out our services!