LaConte Consulting is a workplace strategy firm based in Vancouver, Washington.
Founded in May 2014 by consultant and speaker Grace LaConte, it helps business owners to recognize risks in the work environment that result in staff turnover, low engagement, and reduced effectiveness.
Strategic Consulting services include:
- Foundational Employee Interviews
- Lactation Laws (policy review, accommodations, and training)
- Ideal Customer Evaluation
- Employee For a Day Experience
- Profit Margin Analysis
Grace is a skilled speaker and offers a variety of Keynote and Workshop topics.
LaConte Consulting’s Strategy
We believe that an effective organizational strategy includes a concise VMVOM: a statement of its Vision, Mission, Values, Objectives, and Measures. These serve to define where the organization is going, why it exists, and how everyone will know they’ve succeeded.
Here is what LaConte Consulting intends to achieve.
LaConte Consulting envisions a world where every person knows their value and has a voice.
LaConte Consulting helps independent business owners to find and fix vulnerabilities that keep them from achieving healthy growth.
LaConte Consulting’s core Values (which spell out “CARE”) are:
- Communication—Create a clear message using words, images, and behaviors with the goal of shared understanding
- Action—Design future-focused, high-value solutions that result in positive change
- Respect—Allow everyone the option to express their opinion, even if we disagree
- Empathy—Recognize and vicariously experience the pain of others
LaConte Consulting exists to:
- Provide an honest, objective, and future-focused perspective on toxic workplace situations
- Support owners by enhancing their understanding of Strategic Risk
- Assist organizations in using a relevant, transformative, and easily implementable feedback process to engage with staff
- Promote strategic decision-making that is ethical, empathetic, and responsible
We will know LaConte Consulting is successful when business owners:
- View their workplace environment as participatory, integrated, and energizing
- Make decisions using a high level of Strategic Risk Intelligence
- Demonstrate transparency, empathy, and humility to customers as stated in their Vision, Mission, and Values statement
- Achieve their long-term business goals
LaConte Consulting Services
Which Industries Do We Serve?
LaConte Consulting supports businesses in a variety of industries, including
- Healthcare and medicine (physician offices, surgery centers, hospital systems)
- Professional services (engineering, architecture, accounting, legal)
- Technology and software support services
- Membership associations
- Educational institutions and groups
- Government agencies
- Non-profit organizations
We specialize in serving licensed healthcare practitioner-owners in the natural health field, including:
- Medical Doctors (MD) focused on integrative medicine
- Naturopathic Doctors (ND)
- Chiropractic Doctors (DC)
- Certified Nurse Midwives (CNM) including Out-of-Hospital or Home-Based care
- Lactation Consultants (IBCLC [International Board Certified Lactation Consultant])
- Licensed Mental Health professionals (including counselors, clinicians, therapists, psychiatrists, physicians, and practitioners)
- Licensed Massage Therapists (LMT, BCTMB)
- Movement therapists (using methods such as the Alexander technique, Feldenkrais method, Pilates, Rolfing Structural Integration, Trager psychophysical integration, etc.)
- Licensed Acupuncturists (L.Ac. certified by NCCAOM®, or otherwise certified in Acupuncture, Chinese Herbology, Oriental Medicine, Asian Bodywork Therapy, etc.)
- Practitioners of Complementary and Alternative Veterinary Medicine (AMVA section 2, #6) veterinary acupuncture, acutherapy, acupressure, manipulative therapy, and veterinary phytotherapy
- Other integrative healthcare practitioners (such as a Certified Clinical Hypnotherapists)
Industries Not Served
We choose not to consult with the following industries:
Companies that rely on multi-level marketing (MLM) as a source of income do not align with our core philosophy. Titles for MLM can include:
- “independent contractors,”
- “direct sellers,”
- “direct marketing agents,”
- “network marketers,” and
- “wellness advocates.”
Unlicensed pseudo-science practice
We also do not serve business which use unproven, non-evidentiary techniques or treatment methods. Titles may include:
- “energy healers,”
- “crystal and stone healers,”
- “magnetism, aura, chakra balancing, and clearing healers,”
- “qi gong healers,”
- “mediums, psychics, or shamans,”
- “Tarot or Oracle card readers,” and
Businesses which offer free services or exist primarily for leisure rather than for profit are typically not in alignment with our philosophy.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss your services and methods, let us know.
Read more about business models: What’s the Difference Between Brick-and-Mortar, Franchise, Direct Sales, and MLM?
Outcomes and Benefits
Here are the benefits our clients can expect:
Improved Work Environment
- Dramatically improved communication between executives, managers, and staff
- Improved employee engagement as leaders demonstrate empathy, transparency, and trust
- Higher retention of key employees due to rapid recognition of performance results
- Decrease in undesirable behavior
- Greater understanding of strategic vulnerabilities
- Reduced costs due to more efficient processes
- More effective use of executives’ time and talents
- Heightened awareness of waste, loss, and fraud
- Faster response to strategic vulnerabilities and opportunities for growth
- Sustainable long-term growth due to clear goals
- Stronger support of leaders’ decisions due to a culture of mutual respect
- Increased customer repeat business and sense of loyalty
- More efficiency due to specific and defined priorities
- Fewer distractions and interruptions due to a logical, practical plan
What Clients Say
“Grace LaConte took the time to understand our purpose and values. She drew out the points of weakness and recommended effective and achievable solutions.”
– David L., Vancouver WA
“I’m so grateful for Grace’s impactful insight on using strengths to shape the future at our event.”
– Kelly F., Kansas City MO
Find out more about me
Ready to get started?
Schedule a free discussion to get the ball rolling!