LaConte Consulting is a Strategic Risk firm based in Vancouver, Washington.
Founded in May 2014 by consultant and speaker Grace LaConte, it helps service business owners (specifically natural health practitioners) to find and fix hidden risk that keep them from achieving long-term success.
Strategic Consulting services include a Discovery Session, monthly 1-on-1 Coaching, In-Depth Analysis, Strategic Risk Program, and Customized Projects).
Grace is also a skilled speaker and offers a variety of Keynote and Workshop topics.
A Summary of LaConte Consulting’s Strategy
To be effective, any strategic plan begins with a concise VMVOM: the Vision, Mission, Values, Objectives, and Measures that define where the organization is going, why it exists, and how everyone will know they’ve succeeded.
Here is what LaConte Consulting intends to achieve.
LaConte Consulting envisions a world where every person knows their value and has a voice.
LaConte Consulting helps independent natural health practitioners to find and fix organizational vulnerabilities.
LaConte Consulting’s core Values are Communication, Action, Respect, and Empathy, which spell out the word “CARE”:
- Communication—Create a clear message using words, images, and behaviors with the goal of shared understanding
- Action—Design future-focused, high-value solutions that result in positive change
- Respect—Allow everyone the option to express their opinion, even if we disagree
- Empathy—Recognize and vicariously experience the pain of others
LaConte Consulting exists to:
- Provide an honest, objective, and future-focused perspective on Strategic Risk
- Support natural health practitioners by enhancing their knowledge of Strategic Risk Intelligence
- Transition natural health practitioners into a relevant, transformative, and easily implementable Strategic Planning process
- Promote strategic decision-making that is ethical, empathetic, and responsible
We will know LaConte Consulting is successful when natural health practices around the world:
- View the Strategic Planning process as participatory, integrated, and energizing
- Make decisions using a high level of Strategic Risk Intelligence
- Demonstrate transparency, empathy, and humility as evidenced in their organization’s Vision, Mission, and Values
- Achieve all long-term goals of the practice owners
LaConte Consulting Services
Grace serves licensed healthcare practitioner-owners in the natural health field, including:
- Naturopathic Doctors (ND)
- Medical Doctors (MD) focused on integrative medicine
- Chiropractic Doctors (DC)
- Certified Nurse Midwifes (CNM), especially if you provide Out-of-Hospital or Home-Based care
- Licensed Acupuncturists (L.Ac. certified by NCCAOM®, or otherwise certified in Acupuncture, Chinese Herbology, Oriental Medicine, Asian Bodywork Therapy, etc.)
- Licensed Mental Health professionals (including counselor, clinician, therapist, psychiatrist, physician, and practitioner)
- Licensed Massage Therapists (LMT, BCTMB)
- Movement therapists (such as the Feldenkrais method, Alexander technique, Pilates, Rolfing Structural Integration, and Trager psychophysical integration, etc.)
- Practitioners of Complementary and Alternative Veterinary Medicine (AMVA section 2, #6) with treatments including:
- veterinary acupuncture, acutherapy, and acupressure
- veterinary homeopathy
- veterinary manual or manipulative therapy (techniques practiced in osteopathy, chiropractic medicine, or physical medicine & therapy)
- veterinary nutraceutical therapy
- veterinary phytotherapy
- Other integrative healthcare practitioners (such as a Certified Clinical Hypnotherapists)
Industries Not Served
Grace prefers not to work with the following individuals:
(where one’s multi-level marketing efforts are an integral part of the practice). Other titles include:
- “independent contractors,”
- “direct sellers,”
- “direct marketing agents,”
- “network marketers,” and
- “wellness advocates.”
Unlicensed pseudo-science practitioners
(where unproven, non-evidentiary techniques or treatment methods are an integral part of the practice). Other titles include:
- “energy healers,”
- “crystal and stone healers,”
- “magnetism, aura, chakra balancing, and clearing healers,”
- “qi gong healers,”
- “mediums, psychics, or shamans,”
- “Tarot or Oracle card readers,” and
(where treatments, methods, and services are for leisure rather than for a profit-making business).
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the services and methods you use as a practitioner, I would be very open to hearing more.
Read more about the many types of business models: What’s the Difference Between Brick-and-Mortar, Franchise, Direct Sales, and MLM?
Grace also provides strategic risk guidance for organizations that embrace outside-the-box thinking, natural health, and an empathetic approach.
Industries that have gained a high value from Grace’s expertise include:
- Healthcare institutions (hospital systems, physician offices, surgery centers)
- Financial and banking services
- Technology and software support services
- Professional membership associations
- Service-based business owners
- Non-profit organizations
Outcomes and Benefits
Some of the benefits experienced by Grace’s clients:
- Greater understanding of strategic vulnerabilities
- Reduced costs due to more efficient processes
- More effective use of executives’ time and talents
- Heightened awareness of waste, loss, and fraud
- Faster response to strategic vulnerabilities and opportunities for growth
- Sustainable long-term growth due to clear goals
- Stronger support of leaders’ decisions due to a culture of mutual respect
- Increased customer repeat business and sense of loyalty
- More efficiency due to specific and defined priorities
- Fewer distractions and interruptions due to a logical, practical plan
Improved Work Environment
- Dramatically improved communication between executives, managers, and staff
- Improved employee engagement as leaders demonstrate empathy, transparency, and trust
- Higher retention of key employees due to rapid recognition of performance results
- Decrease in undesirable behavior
What Clients Say
“Grace LaConte took the time to understand our purpose and values. She drew out the points of weakness and recommended effective and achievable solutions.”
– David L., Vancouver WA
“I’m so grateful for Grace’s impactful insight on using strengths to shape the future at our event.”
– Kelly F., Kansas City MO
Find out more about me
Take Your Strategic Plan to the Next Level
Sign up for my FREE newsletter to read tips on how to increase your Strategic Risk Intelligence and receive exclusive offers.