“The Practice Niche” is an interview series by LaConte Consulting which features the advice of natural health practitioners around the world who have specialized their business.
Each blog episode includes a description of the practitioner’s background, their business niche, typical patients served, the reason they chose to specialize, and their perspective on why and how a niche focus can be helpful for other independent practitioners.
What Is a Niche?
A niche is a distinct segment of the market that
- serves very specific customer needs,
- offers well-defined solutions,
- provides a comfortable environment for customers, and
- makes the business owner feel excited and satisfied.
The Latin root word is nīdus, meaning “nest.”
Click on an image to find out more about creating the right niche:
What are the Requirements to Join?
In order to be considered for this series, you must be:
- An independent practitioner in a health-related field
- A graduate of an accredited degree program
- The primary decision maker in your practice
- Conscious of which practice specialization (niche) you provide
Examples of your title and qualifications might include:
- Naturopathic Doctor (ND)
- Medical Doctor (MD) focused on integrative medicine
- Chiropractic Doctor (DC)
- Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM), especially if you provide Out-of-Hospital or Home-Based care
- Licensed Acupuncturist (L.Ac. certified by NCCAOM®, or otherwise certified in Acupuncture, Chinese Herbology, Oriental Medicine, Asian Bodywork Therapy, etc.)
- Licensed Mental Health professional (including counselor, clinician, therapist, psychiatrist, physician, and practitioner)
- Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT, BCTMB)
- Movement therapist (such as the Feldenkrais method, Alexander technique, Pilates, Rolfing Structural Integration, and Trager psychophysical integration, etc.)
- Practitioner of Complementary and Alternative Veterinary Medicine (AMVA section 2, #6) with treatments including:
- veterinary acupuncture, acutherapy, and acupressure
- veterinary homeopathy
- veterinary manual or manipulative therapy (techniques practiced in osteopathy, chiropractic medicine, or physical medicine & therapy)
- veterinary nutraceutical therapy
- veterinary phytotherapy
- Other integrative healthcare practitioner such as a Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist (if you’re not sure, feel free to send me a message)
How Will it Benefit Me?
The Featured Practitioner blog series is shared with a worldwide audience including laconteconsulting.com visitors, blog subscribers, and social media viewers (on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, and YouTube).
As an interviewee, your post will reflect your views and philosophy as they pertain to owning and marketing a specialized healthcare practice. I will design graphics that showcase your business, as well as quotes that are shared on social media (such as the one below).
I purposely designed this interview series for practitioners who are busy, camera shy, and cautious. If you are hesitant about being video-taped or recorded, this format is perfect for you. All it requires is some time to answer a simple questionnaire and schedule a 45-minute phone call; I’ll take care of the rest.
I promise to respect your privacy and to provide a low-key, zero-pressure, introvert-friendly interview. By sharing your story, you will have a chance to discuss your passion with the world… as well as connect with more Ideal Patients.
Want to Be My Next Guest?
If you qualify for this series based on the above criteria, simply click here to fill out a questionnaire. You will be asked:
- “What are your credentials, education, and training?”
- “How did you get interested in becoming a healthcare practitioner?”
- “What is your main area of focus (niche)?”
- “Which types of patients do you generally serve?”
- “How long ago did you pick this niche?”
- “Why did you decide to focus on one particular area?”
- “How does this niche benefit your patients?”
- “What are some positive effects thanks to your decision to niche?”
- “Have any patients contacted you specifically because of your specialized services?”
- “Do you think there are any challenges to working in a niche?”
- “In your opinion, are there situations where using a niche is NOT a good idea?”
- “What are some tips you would give to other practice owners on how to decide on a good niche?”
Once the questionnaire is completed, I will contact you to schedule a 45-minute call via telephone so we can discuss your answers in more depth.
Our conversation will then be transcribed, edited, and published on my blog. The final version will include your business contact information, any images you want to share (profile picture, logo, etc.), special quotes from the interview, and your social media information. The post will be shared extensively on with my readers via social media (including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, and YouTube).
To read about Featured Practitioners, click here.
I look forward to discussing the opportunity for you to join as my next guest!
Let me know if you have any questions.