Your business is not getting the results you want.
Why? Where can you find the answers?
Fixing a Toxic Workplace
A well designed workplace is energizing, supportive, and produces excellent outcomes for customers.
Unfortunately, problems can develop in even top-rated organizations. Without a plan for recognizing signals that toxicity is taking place and fixing the root cause, the business can start to fracture… resulting in loss of customers, poor cashflow, and even closing its doors.
Symptoms of a dysfunctional workplace include:
- Poor communication
- Low staff engagement, morale, and loyalty
- High staff turnover
- Broken processes and low-quality output
- Unhappy customers
- Low profit margins
- Leaders who experience burnout
Toxic Workplace Reversal
We are experts at fixing toxic environments. Our approach is direct, empathetic, and data-driven.
We believe that every business owner has the potential to generate a high profit and benefit their community.
Using our proven method, you will be able to:
- visualize the future of your business,
- understand the challenges faced by your best employees,
- identify risks in your company culture,
- recognize areas of potential loss and waste,
- identify Ideal Customers, and
- determine how to create a healthy workplace.
Our approach is different than those used by most consultants. We only collaborate with owners who are willing to acknowledge and accept responsibility, and who want to create a culture of equity and transparency.
If this is something you want for your organization, we can discuss your strategic risks… those you can see, and—most importantly—those you can’t.
LaConte Consulting offers the following.
We specialize in creating equitable workplace accommodations, especially for working parents. Our focus is on lactation policies and Infant at Work programs, flexible workplace options, and Healthy Feedback Loops. Every project begins with a free discussion.
As a consultant, writer, and dynamic speaker, Grace easily connects with any audience by asking difficult questions about Equity, Communication, and Accommodations. She offers a range of speaking topics including workshops, keynotes, and seminars.
3 Options to Fix a Toxic Workplace
Reversing a situation where there is anger, frustration, and resentment can be tricky. It requires an honest review of where the leader has made mistakes.
In order to find the root causes in a business, owners have three options:
An internal assessment can be done by you or by a team member. While this is the cheapest option, it is also the least effective… because problems will continue happening unless the source of the problem is fixed. Those closest to the situation have trouble seeing the situation objectively.
2. Hire new staff.
Another option is to eliminate problem-causing staff and start over with new hires. By seeking out the right employees, your business could succeed. Right?
Unfortunately, even with the best people, old problems will continue to occur. The company culture, policies and procedures, internal processes, and management style are likely to contribute to more toxicity unless they are addressed.
3. Call in the expert.
The most effective option is to invite an objective advisor to guide the process of fixing a toxic work environment. A qualified expert will help you to discover:
- where the toxicity is coming from,
- where to focus your efforts, and
- how to keep the business safe and capable of generating more profits.
This option requires the owner’s commitment to making lasting changes, and inviting Foundational Staff and managers to share feedback (which can be painfully true). Owners may see their own blind spots and biases that negatively affect the organization.
Benefits of Using a Workplace Strategy Expert
By using a strategic consultant, your company will enjoy quantitative and qualitative benefits.
Here are some of the results you can expect after working with us:
- Increased confidence and strategic awareness in your abilities as owner
- Understand and overcome barriers to making decisions for your business
- Develop a plan for the future that aligns with your beliefs and goals
- Create clear boundaries in leading your team and dealing with customers
- Identify strategic vulnerabilities that keep you from achieving healthy growth
- Recognize potential communication blind spots
- Understand how your personality and temperament affect your decision-making
Are you ready to talk about how to fix a toxic workplace? Schedule a free 30-minute discussion with Grace today.