A vision board is a tool used to clarify life, career, and business goals.
If you’re artistically gifted, you have no problem designing a board from picture cutouts and inspirational sayings. But if you’re looking for something less craft-heavy and more structured, a Strategic Vision Board can help.
I recommend using the Feng Shui 9-square method called the Bagua Map. This framework can give you a lot of value during your strategic planning process.
For each of the 9 squares, list your business or professional goals that accomplish the following:
- The goals align with your Vision, Mission, and Values
- They are SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Results-Oriented, and Time-Bound) and CLEAR (Collaborative, Limited, Engaging, Actionable, Refinable)
- They connect with your customers’ Needs, Fears, and Expectations
- They bring you a sense of joy and satisfaction
Which Square Do I Start With?
While there is no right or wrong way to complete a vision board, I recommend that you start with the Reputation square (top center) and continue in this order:
- Start with 9 – Reputation (element of Fire, which is Yang)
- Move right to 2 – Relationships (Yin Earth)
- Move below-left to 5 – Center (Fountainhead, which is Balanced)
- Move right to 7 – Creativity (Yin Metal)
- Move down to 6 – Journey (Yang Metal)
Then continue clockwise:
- Move left to 1 – Passions (Water, which is Yin)
- Move left to 8 – Wisdom (Yang Earth)
- Move up to 3 – Health (Yang Wood)
- Finally, move up to 4 – Abundance (Yin Wood)
Essential Oils and the Strategic Vision Board
To get even more out of this process, I suggest using essential oils that match each of these steps.
Download my free 9-video series to hear detailed instructions on how to use essential oils with a Strategic Vision Board.
Do you feel stuck in your planning process? I provide a variety of services to help independent business owners prioritize tasks, identify Ideal Customers, and clarify big-picture strategy of where their company is headed.
Schedule a free 30-minute discussion so we can talk about your challenges.
Take Your Strategic Plan to the Next Level
Sign up for my FREE newsletter to read tips on how to increase your Strategic Risk Intelligence and receive exclusive offers.